I Started Roasted Plantain Business To Help My Husband


Vincent Phillips, a roasted plantain seller for over 30 years said she started the roasted plantain business to help her husband and herself.

She said this in an Interview at her roasted plantain shop Saturday, 10th February 2024

Mrs Phillips expressed some of her challenges when she started which include being pursue by KAI officers from one place to the other but she persisted.

Talking about her achievement she said she has been able to sponsor her children's education.

“I have achieved many things oo. I used it to train my children for school, I used it to feed them, I used it to feed myself. I use it to make myself feel happy. In the morning, I went out, I go to the market, I will sell, I will come back.  I will go by what we want to eat. Sometime, change will remain, sometime, change will not remain. Sometimes, I send it to my father self, to take care of them,” she said.

Vincent Phillip Achievement Audio

She advise the youths to be patient in all of their endeavours. “Any child that have patience, he will not lack. God will bless such child. They should not look, my youth mate, they are wearing this, they are wearing that, I never wear. A child that have patience, everything will pass. Blessing of God will come upon such child”

While talking about the increment of the price of fuel, the business woman stressed that “This fuel, it bring a lot of problem for business woman do work, for working. And transport people have double the transport. Some people have discouraged to go work.”

She added “Like this market now, if I go market before, the place where I dey pay N500 before, I go pay N3,000 with my load and transport. After calculate am, nothing nothing. Nothing, nothing I dey for this market again but I cannot stay for house.”

“Make government help us. We use God beg them. Make them let everything stop. Make he no pass like this.” She pleaded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19: LAGOS STATE TO SHARE PALLIATIVES

ACCIDENT CLAIMS 23 LIVES IN KOGI